Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pat's or Geno's?

It took us quite some time!! Were we not that intrigued? I'm not sure why but this was our first time to the famous "cheese steak corner". The forever question, "Pat's or Geno's"?

We decided on Pat's because the line was shorter. If our boy was with us we would have gone to both! Not for the #nobeef princess of course! #nobeef #noonion #nopeppers


CASH CASH CASH. AMEX will not work here. :)









I wasn't very impressed. Although we were ravenous and ate most of the cheese steak. Where to begin. For me, as soon as cheese touches bread first it is on its way to be a grilled cheese! You might think that is a really off-beat thought. About the bread- it was mediocre at best and yes I was shocked. I expected awesome-tasting, fresh-tasting, special bread. Maybe it is the NY Girl in me, but the peppers left a lot to be desired as well. I guess I expected more of an Italian-type pepper (think sausage & peppers) and not the type marinated in vinegar. And, I felt if you ask for "Wit" (aka: with onions), then you should be able to taste them. The onions were few. The steak, for me needed seasoning. Even a small amount of seasoning would have done. The beef was just, well, bland. And, yes, I want the cheese over the beef. I think. Don't bother getting FF's if you love your FF's hot and crispy. Just don't waste your $$ and calories.


Next Up: Geno's ..... when we're not so hungry, so the hour long line won't be an issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment